Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Strange urges

We went out to eat the other night at one of our favorite restaurants. I ate enough of my dish to be full but not in danger of bursting. Then I packed up the rest to bring home for a lunch later in the week. For whatever reason, as we were leaving, I had the strongest urge to grab a spring roll from the plate of some customers we walked by. Strong as in I seriously had to restrain myself. I've had their spring rolls. They're fine, but nothing special. And without the dipping sauce (which I had no desire to grab), they are nothing. But I wanted that lady's food! So, a note to anybody who goes out to eat with me.... You might want to blindfold me before we leave the restaurant as I obviously have little self-control.

2 comments:

Ernie Hendrix said...

You are just too funny! I love this post. I've often felt that way about a dessert but never a spring roll!!!

Krafty Kat said...

I have no idea what was going through my mind that day, but that spring roll looked too good!